We have been house sitting for a German family, the Kochs, now for 5 months. They have a beautiful home right on the game park with a stunning view of wildlife galore. Usually I am so busy and focused in on the house chores that need to get done and find myself just running around and forget about the blessing of where we live. Tonight was no exception but I just happened to glance out the window to see SIX giraffe feeding on our trees. I had just run upstairs to get a clean bib for the baby and there they were. In all their majestic (always the word that runs through my mind when I see giraffe) creatures. Who are we that we get to enjoy such beauty? So I rushed the kids from the table and reminded them to be extremely quiet, so as not to scare away the giraffe. Here are the pictures from tonight in all their glory. Thank you Jesus!
This blog is a collection of stories and experiences for our children to read. Maybe someday it will be a family book. Our life has become much more adventurous since moving to Kenya in 2009. What a shame it would be to forget all the fun experiences and everything God is doing!
Friday, May 27, 2011
And for tonight's dinner entertainment....giraffe!
We have been house sitting for a German family, the Kochs, now for 5 months. They have a beautiful home right on the game park with a stunning view of wildlife galore. Usually I am so busy and focused in on the house chores that need to get done and find myself just running around and forget about the blessing of where we live. Tonight was no exception but I just happened to glance out the window to see SIX giraffe feeding on our trees. I had just run upstairs to get a clean bib for the baby and there they were. In all their majestic (always the word that runs through my mind when I see giraffe) creatures. Who are we that we get to enjoy such beauty? So I rushed the kids from the table and reminded them to be extremely quiet, so as not to scare away the giraffe. Here are the pictures from tonight in all their glory. Thank you Jesus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment